The Embassy of Mexico in Canada informs that starting on December 1, 2003, landed immigrants of Canada do not require a visa. However, they do need a tourist card, which may be obtained at Mexican consulates, on direct flights to Mexico or at the Mexican airport, and they must travel with the following:

  • Valid passport
  • Permanent resident ID card
  • Round trip tickets
  • Proof of economic solvency (credit card, traveller's cheques, etc.)

Please be aware that foreigners visiting Mexico must pay a tax fee (derecho de no inmigrante). When travelling by plane, the US$20.00 fee is included in the airplane ticket. When travelling by car, this tax will be charged at the port of entry.

Minors (any person under 18 years of age) must travel as any other adult with his/her passport and the permanent resident card.

CHILDREN TRAVELLING ALONE OR WITH ONLY ONE PARENT (Starting December 29, 2004) When travelling alone or with only one parent, minors no longer need to present a parental consent form by both parents or by the parent that is not travelling.

However, in the case of shared custody, it is recomended that the parent travelling with the child obtain authorization from the other parent, although no proof will be required for travelling.